Snails in Sisteron

On a rainy September day in Gap, David, Nicole, and I got out of the house to do some exploring. We didn't want to venture too far, so they took me to the Citadelle de Sisteron, which is only about 40 minutes away from home.

Despite the less than ideal weather, I was excited to see the place we've driven past for months on our way from Cannes to David's hometown. The Citadelle is a huge fortress on top of a mountain that you can easily see from the road below. The oldest parts of the fortress were built in the 13th century. 

Besides the impressive architecture, I also enjoyed the impressive mountain scenery and the cute town of Sisteron below.






That's David in the hood.




An unexpected side effect of the rain was the multitude of snails on the ground. There were hundreds- if not thousands- on one part of the trail.


It was my first time seeing a snail (besides at a French restaurant haha). Does Wisconsin even have snails? Do I just not go outside enough?

Of course, when we told David's dad about it, he was legitimately disappointed that we didn't collect any for dinner. French in-law probs... am I right?

Comments

Popular Posts